Managua is home to the best bars, nightlife and restaurants in Nicaragua.
Here are a few 'eating and drinking' suggestions in Managua:
- Galerias Santo Domingo is a large modern shopping mall with a popular restaurant & bar area, busy at night with locals. Good restaurants are La Boheme and the Spanish restaurant Meson Espanol. Good wings at Buffalo Wings
- The disco AltaBar is packed with 20 something locals shaking their booty at the weekend and Ladies night, usually Thursday.
- Zona Hippos- is a few small streets near the Hilton Princess Hotel with lots of American style sports bars, cocktail bars & restaurants popular with local office workers and students. The Chillout Lounge is a nearby upstairs bar with good local live bands. The Mexican restaurant below is good. The Sports Bar, Woody's has good wings, ask for solo musolitos.
- Nearby Broder on Carretera Masaya is the in place to hang out, see and be seen for the 'fresas' and Miami Nicas, not exactly atmospheric but popular at weekends!
- El Chaman is a the most popuar nightclub for young students in Managua.